Virtual Assistance – What and Why?
In the Internet era information is far more easily exchanged, and with the development of cloud storage information and document sharing is a simple matter.
In a rapidly increasing number of situations, and with full time employment legislation becoming more onerous on employers it is easier and cheaper for a Business Owner to contract out certain functions of the business to ‘Virtual Assistants’
ADVANTAGE OF VIRTUAL ASSISTANCE FOR THE BUSINESS OWNER
- Reduced (or even nil) costs of employment
- Reduced office space requirement and equipment expenditure
- Flexibility of workforce
- Specialist VAs can be engaged for specific short term tasks.
- Releases Small Business Owner to pursue specialist tasks
The majority of VAs will be home based, and will normally have access to good internet, and a good range of IT equipment to allow them to function with a range of applications, dependent on how specialized they are.
TYPICAL TASKS FOR VIRTUAL ASSISTANCE
- BOOK KEEPING & ACCOUNTING – Cloud accounting packages such as Xero, Quickbooks and Sage allow all members of the Team to access accounting information from anywhere in the world
- DESIGN – Drafts of any design or document can be prepared by specialists and sent anywhere in the world quickly
- WEBSITE MANAGEMENT
- SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGEMENT
THINGS TO REMEMBER IF USING VIRTUAL ASSISTANCE
To borrow a cliché – There are three things to remember if you are using Virtual Assistance….
COMMUNICATION, COMMUNICATION AND COMMUNICATION
Your requirements must be clearly set out, and duties understood: Beside the usual communication applications on a mobile phone there are several computer applications designed for remote Team communications: Slack is one very popular example where individuals can communicate directly, or Team Channels can be set up with specific individuals invited to follow and contribute to items that are relevant to them.
You must acknowledge communications so that both you and your VA know that the information shared has reached its intended destination.
Can we become your Virtual Assistant? Contact Socio now for a no obligation discussion of your needs to help your business succeed.